Edward (Ed) Warren was most recently the Mayor of Longreach Regional Council; a position he won at the 2016 Queensland Local Government elections, and retired in 2020, not re-contesting that election.
Ed’s background is diverse and covers successful small business ownership in agriculture and non-agricultural areas. Ed was the inaugural Chairman of the Central West Health and Hospital Board; a position he held from its inception in 2012, through to May 2016 at which time he retired to commit to his re-entry into local government mayoralty. Previously he was Mayor of the Winton Shire Council and a councillor on the same for over ten years.
Ed has worked through Queensland in the agricultural services sector between 1976 – 2007 and from 2008 to 2015 owned a rural enterprise near Nyngan in New South Wales. Ed has lengthy experience in governance and public, not-for-profit, and private administration. His leadership and strategic thinking skills have been developed through his roles in local government and public health governance, along with his own successful small business enterprises. Ed is passionate about supporting not only his own community but also the entire region and greater North Queensland region. His networks are extensive throughout the greater region.
Completed senior 1969 All Souls’ School Charters Towers
EMPLOYMENT & BUSINESS INTERESTS (CURRENT & PAST)
- 2012 - 2016 Chairman - Central West Hospital & Health Board,
- 2008 - 2015 Owner Rural Property Nyngan NSW,
- 2001 - 2006 Owner Winton Post Office,
- 2006 - 2007 Landmark Finance Manager Central West,
- 1996 - 2003 Franchisee Wesfarmers Winton,
- 1988 - 1995 Branch Manager, Wesfarmer Dalgety Longreach,
- 1983 - 1988 Branch Manager, Dalgety Winton,
- 1981 - 1983 Branch Manager, Dalgety Dirranbi ,
- 1980 - 1981 Senior Livestock Salesperson Dalgety Longreach,
- 1976 - 1980 Livestock/merchandise salesperson, Hughenden/Dalgety,
- 1976 - 1981 Working on sheep and cattle properties Hughenden district.
EMPLOYMENT/RELATED SHORT COURSES
- 1991 - Australian Institute of Management, Quality, Leadership and Change Management,
- 1992 - Australian Institute of Management, Developing Manager Effectiveness,
- 1992 - Australian Institute of Management, Advanced Supervision-‐Applied Human Relations,
- 2009 - Introduction to Case Management - Rural Financial Counsellors,
- 2014 Australian Institute of Company Directors, The Role of the Chairman,
- 2015 Australian Institute of Company Directors, Foundations of Directorship Course (4 modules).
- 1997 - 2001 - Councillor Winton Shire Council,
- 2004 - 2007 - Re-elected Councillor Winton Shire Council,
- 2007 – 2012 - Mayor Winton Shire Council,
- 2016 – 2020 – Mayor Longreach Regional Council.