CHANGES TO THE RURAL FINANCIAL COUNSELLING SERVICE PROGRAM DELIVERY
As of 1 April, 2016 there will be changes to the service region boundaries of the two Queensland based Rural Financial Counselling Service providers. See links below.
RFCSNQ has experienced Rural Financial Counsellors based in Longreach, Cloncurry, South Johnstone, Townsville and Mackay. This team of experienced specialists service the regions surrounding these locations. Contact your local Rural Financial Counsellor if you are in need of assistance.
RFCSNQ provides a confidential, free and impartial rural financial counselling service to primary producers, fishers and small rural businesses experiencing financial difficulties.
Rural Financial Counsellors assist and support a client to:
- understand the financial position and viability of the business enterprise,
- identify options to improve their financial position,
- develop a plan to implement the options chosen by the client and provide advice to implement that plan,
- assist in negotiations with lending institutions in relation to:
* loan applications and contracts with those institutions, * processes relating to farm debt mediation,
Rural Financial Counsellors also:
- provide information on, refer clients to, and assist clients access programs provided by government or industry,
- assist clients identify the need for advice from, and to prepare for meetings with, professional service providers,
- provide information to assist clients make decisions relating to their business enterprises,
- provide advice on generic financial products in accordance with ASIC requirements.
Rural Financial Counsellors DO NOT:
- provide advice on estate or succession planning
- complete the sections of succession plans where legal, financial, accounting or taxation advice is required
- provide financial advice, or advice/assistance on financial, accounting, taxation or legal aspects of a client’s enterprise
- provide debt agreement administration under the Bankruptcy Act 1966 (Cwlth)
- provide family, social or emotional counselling
- recommend particular or best options or influence clients’ decisions on using particular financial products
- provide technical or agronomic advice for clients’ enterprises.
The client makes the decisions: it is up to the client to choose which option is right for them. The rural financial counsellor will help clients develop some options and will provide support with their decision-making using an action planning approach.
The Rural Financial Counselling Service North Queensland is an organisation funded by the Australian Government and Queensland Government to deliver the Rural Financial Counselling Service program.
RFCSNQ is an entirely independent organisation operating under the governance of the Remote Area Planning and Development Board based in Longreach.
JOIN THE RFCSNQ TEAM