The Small Business Financial Counsellor programme is a service focused on:
- supporting small business suffering financial hardship as a result of the ongoing drought, in the Central Western Qld region, and
- supporting small business suffering financial hardship as a result of the North West Monsoonal trough, in those affected areas of Burdekin Shire Council; Burke Shire Council; Cloncurry Shire Council; Carpentaria Shire Council; Douglas Shire Council; Finders Shire Council; Hinchinbrook Shire Council; Townsville City Council; McKinlay Shire Council; Richmond Shire Council; and Winton Shire Council
The Small Business Financial Counsellor Programme can:
- Assist Small-Medium Enterprise (SME) operators’ requesting financial counselling with a financial analysis consisting of annual, or year in year out cash flow budget, Statement of Assets and Liabilities, Cash flow analysis and options for business improvement;
- When appropriate, assist operators to negotiate arrangements with their financial institutions;
- Encourage operators to seek professional advice to develop longer term strategies and plans to improve preparedness and resilience to drought and other climate variability’s;
- Refer operators to a network of professional service providers for advice with legal, accounting and financial planning and investment matters and social and welfare matters; and
- Provide reports on the number of small businesses referred for assistance, activities, outputs and the outcomes they have been helped to achieve.
The Small Business Financial Counsellor Programme is funded by the Qld Government through the Qld Department of Agriculture and Fisheries.
If you are in the North West Monsoonal trough affected areas please contact: